Friday, August 05, 2005

Here's the playlist for July 30. I want to thank Gerry Tucker from High Point, NC for calling and talking about his experience interviewing the late Chester Mayfield, lead singer of the Casanovas, who passed away within the last year. Gerry was kind enough to send me emails with the details on the Casanovas time with Apollo Records, as well as the interview with Chester Mayfield.

Hope you all liked "Let's Be Lovers", the new recording from Terry Johnson. If you'd like to know how to pick up a copy of his CD when it is released, please let me know at Soundofthecity@hotmail.com.

August starts our features on the Temptation, Four Buddies, and Dinah Washington.


1 Prison Break - The Paramours
2 How Can I Love You - The Swingin Hearts
3 My Oh My - Scatman Bailey
4 That's All - The Casanovas
5 Sometimes I Wonder - Fats Domino
6 (You Can) Depend On Me - The Miracles
7 Nobody Knows - The Shadows
8 How Could You - The Del Vikings
9 Nursery Love - Little Prince And The Freeloaders
10 Please Be My Love - The Casanovas
11 I Guess I'll Be On My Way - Fats Domino
12 Ain't It Baby - The Miracles
13 Call Him Up - The Swan Silvertones
14 Over And Over Again - The Moonglows
15 Annie's Answer - Hazel McCollum And The El Dorados
16 Let's Be Lovers Again - Terry Johnson
17 Embraceable You - The Solitaires
18 I'm In Love - Wilson Pickett
19 The Wind - Laura Nyro And Labelle
20 I Want To Pay You Back - The Chilites
21 To Change My Love - Jackie Wilson And The Chilites
22 I Want You Back - Don Julian And The Larks
23 You Are My Queen - The Casanovas
24 It's Time For Love - The Chilites
25 Easy Easy Baby - Ann Cole
26 My Baby's Love - The Casanovas
27 Sailor Boy - Fats Domino
28 I Can't Believe - The Miracles

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home